Gå till innehåll
woody

Swedish law regarding bullbar bumpers

Rekommendera Poster

Hello,

I am hoping to import my Land Cruiser 100 series to Sweden. It has an ARB steel bumper on the front. My Swedish wife tells me that steel bullbar bumpers are against the law in Sweden. Is this true? I find it hard to believe given the risk of moose/deer strikes in rural areas.

Can anyone here help clarify the rules on bullbars for me?

Thanks!

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg
Dela på andra webbplatser

Hello,

I am hoping to import my Land Cruiser 100 series to Sweden. It has an ARB steel bumper on the front. My Swedish wife tells me that steel bullbar bumpers are against the law in Sweden. Is this true? I find it hard to believe given the risk of moose/deer strikes in rural areas.

Can anyone here help clarify the rules on bullbars for me?

Thanks!

Hi woody , and welcome in this forum/club.

I have a lc 100 whit a arb Sahara bar mounted in the front. I never had any problems with the Swedish Motor-Vehicle Inspection Company. (Bilprovningen ).

I do not know the what the Swedish law says about this , but I do not think that you will face any big problems .

Kind regards

Jes

Redigerad av Jes

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

The bullbar shouldn´t be illegal in Sweden and if you use it for mounting auxiliary lights (preferably 3 or more :-) ) it will almost certainly be legal.

But that is when the car already is in Sweden. The initial visit to Bilprovning is much harder than a normal visit.

So that´s probably where you could get into trouble.

But the best tip I can give is to give Bilprovningen a call and see if you could have a word with an Besiktningsingenjör.

I am quite certain that you will receive the best answer for your questions for him/her, or hen for a gender-neutral alternative.

Good luck

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Helpful. And glad to hear it is ok at have an ARB.

Here is a picture of my 100-

post-2214-0-97134200-1379192337_thumb.jpg

Redigerad av woody

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Woody,

Welcome to the forums, and also welcome to Sweden!

Regarding bullbars, the Swedish authorities does not consider you or your cars safety, but the pedestrians that you might injur in case of an accident. Hence, there could be some problems with the bullbar.

Normally they do not like the loops around the headlights. I have seen some ARB bars where these loops are cut off.

But, as mentioned in a previous post, if you attach some auxiliary lights it is not considered as a bullbar but a mounting point for the lights..

The rules and regulations for bringing your car when you move to Sweden are a bit less strict than if you live here and import the car, which could be an advantage for you.

I have a Sahara ARB front on my Landcruiser 90 which were there when I imported the car from Germany, and this was okay according to "bilprovningen"

Dela detta inlägg

Länk till inlägg

Skapa ett konto eller logga in för att kommentera

Du måste vara medlem för att kunna kommentera

Skapa ett konto

Registrera ett nytt konto i våran gemenskap. Det är lätt!

Registrera ett nytt konto

Logga in

Redan medlem? Logga in här.

Logga in nu

• Senaste som Tittar   0 medlemmar

Inga registrerade medlemmar visar denna sida.

Viktig Information

Vi har placerat cookies på din enhet för att göra denna webbplats bättre. Du kan justera dina cookie inställningar, annars antar vi att det är okej att fortsätta.